Dear Graham Community,
On behalf of all of us at Graham Windham, we hope you and your loved ones are healthy and well in this challenging time.
With this month marking the 214th Anniversary of our founding, we take great strength in knowing that we have survived and thrived through extraordinarily hard times. This time won’t be different, we will get through this together.
I want you to know that as we plan amidst a rapidly changing situation we have two essential goals.
- Ensuring the health and safety of our kids, families, and team especially combatting the negative effects of social isolation, income and food insecurity and stress that will increase during this time; and
- Limiting unnecessary social contact and travel to help reduce the spread of COVID-19, especially to vulnerable populations.
COVID-19 has required significant changes in our operations but it will not stop us from achieving our mission. Always, and at this moment, in particular, we are the defense against despair for so many. To this end, we have:
- Launched a massive virtual outreach effort to over two thousand families to ensure they have the social support and material security they need;
- Commenced video and tele-mental health services to ensure kids and families are well in a stressful time;
- Ensured all of our college kids returning home have a safe place to be, the equipment they need to continue their education and a coach to rely on;
- Partnered with our school and community partners to support food distribution and remote learning for K-12 students; and
- Provided round-the-clock love and support to our young people who live on our Campus.
I continued to be awed by all our team does, especially in the most challenging times, to do right by our kids and families. Just as our foremothers took strength from the challenges of their time, we will do the same in ours.
We are grateful for your support which allows us to do our vital work. We are truly privileged to do it and would not be able without you. We know many of you would like to do more to help out and we are assessing what our most urgent needs will be for the coming months. Stay tuned for more information.
Be well. And, be in touch. Despite the need for physical distance to protect our most vulnerable, may this be a time when we all come together in spirit!