Become an Adoptive Parent
Sometimes the parents of children placed into foster care are unable to reunify with their children. In these circumstances, children and teens need strong, loving, and above all permanent families to adopt them.
To learn more about adopting a child through Graham Windham, please contact:
Phone: 718-294-1715 ext. 502
|Meet children currently waiting to be adopted|
An Adoption Success Story: Isaiah
Watch the video below to learn more about this wonderful success story which was featured in NBC 4’s segment of “Wednesday’s Child”!
View more videos at: http://nbcnewyork.com.
Monthly Adoption Group Meetings
Join us for our monthly Adoption Group Meetings to learn more about the process of adoption, post-adoption services, and Family Team Conferences. (Participation in meetings will count toward training hours.)
To RSVP, please call Ms. Raju at 718-294-1715 ext. 502
Learn More about the Adoption Process in New York City
Here are a few resources to help you learn more about adopting a child in New York.
- Learn about the New York State Adoption Service (NYSAS), from the Office of Children & Family Services (OCFS)
- The OCFS site also has information about adoption subsidies, the monthly maintenance payments that may be available based on the special needs of a child.
- Learn about Becoming a Foster or Adoptive Parent in New York City, from the NYC Administration for Children’s Services (ACS)
- Check out the AdoptUSKids website for more guidelines and information about adopting in New York State
- For information about free adoption counseling, training, and other support, check out the Foster-Adoption Counseling, Education and Support (FACES) program at Spence-Chapin’s Adoption Resource Center.